4th International Conference on Process Technologies for the Forest & Biobased Products IndustriesThe King & Prince Resort in St. Simons, Georgia, USA
October 24-26, 2016
Call for Papers is now open. Submit by MAY 20, 2016. CALL FOR PAPERS
About the Conference
In 2016, the Forest Products and Timber Construction Department - Salzburg University of Applied Sciences and the Forest Products Society will host the 4th edition of the Processing Technologies for the Forest and Biobased Products Industries Conference (PTF BPI), Oct. 25-26, 2016 in St. Simons Island, GA USA.
The conference is dedicated to the exchange of information and ideas about research on process technologies, quality control, and process improvement. Contemporary topics on real-time predictive modeling of processes, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, lean six-sigma, and advanced data mining will be presented at the conference.
Who Should Attend?
The Conference provides a forum for discussions among researchers, producers, and consumers of forest and bio-based products and acts as a catalyst for new research and development, and applications for manufacturing industries. The conference will be of direct benefit to researchers, operations managers, technical managers, and business managers. The conference offers a forum for learning between scientists and industry.
Call for Papers
The Forest Products Society is issuing a call for papers for the 4th International Conference on Processing Technologies for the Forest and Biobased Industries: Oct. 25-26, 2016 in St. Simons Island, GA USA. This biennial international conference alternates between Austria and the USA and is the perfect venue to enhance your professional connections with top researchers and industry leaders and reconnect with colleagues and friends from around the world.
Abstract Submission Due: May 20, 2016
Author Notification: June 20, 2016
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words. Please include up to five key words with your submission. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Abstracts are now being accepted. Suggested topics:
Processing and Product Innovation
• Continuous improvement, Six-Sigma, SPC, SSL, lean and other improvement methods
• Product-to-Process innovation
• Innovation in new sensors and processing the technologies
Advances in Material Technology
• Utilization of low-value species
• Processing and material advancements
• New Products/Innovations
Marketing and Education
• Forest & green building certification
• Green building movement/markets
• Environmental product declarations
• Public perception
• Timber supply issues
• Export/import product and policy
Wood and the Environment
• Environmental impacts
• Recycling and reuse
• Treated wood/preservatives
• Biofuels-bioenergy and feedstock supply impacts
• Designing for the environment
Wood in Construction
• Mass timber
• Wood moisture relations
• Wood quality and strength properties
• Paint coatings and finishing
• Solid wood and panel product development
• Advanced furniture design
• Advanced furniture materials
• Product-process furniture innovations