Call for Papers, Posters and Exhibits
The Symposium will include oral and poster presentations from scientists and engineers, and exhibits from equipment development and manufacturing firms. The Symposium organizing committee invites papers, posters, and equipment demonstrations (exhibits) from interested individuals and organizations.
- Nondestructive characterization of wood and wood-based materials
- Evaluation of forest materials for structural and nonstructural applications
- Evaluation of forest materials for biomass utilization
- Advanced grading technologies for solid wood products
- Performance evaluation of engineered wood products
- Performance evaluation of advanced wood structures
- Condition assessment, evaluation, and repair of existing wood structures
- Evaluation and hazard assessment of urban trees
- Industrial application cases of emerging nondestructive testing technologies
- Other nondestructive evaluation related areas
Abstract Submission was closed on February 1, 2013
Notification of Acceptance was issued on March 1, 2013
Paper Submission deadline: August 1, 2013
Early registration deadline: August 31, 2013
Registration now open: Register now - Online registration will be accepted through September 19, 2013
Paper and Poster Guidelines
A full-length paper is required for each oral presentation, to be published in the Proceedings. For adequate preparation, please refer to the Paper Preparation Guidelines.
Download Paper Preparation Guidelines
Each poster presenter will have poster board space in a large display room. A poster presentation should include a title, presenter's name and address, an abstract, key points, conclusions, charts, and tables or diagrams. For adequate preparation, please refer to the Poster Preparation Guidelines.
The proceedings will be published in an electronic format by the USDA Forest Products Laboratory. It will contain papers from authors giving oral presentations and abstracts from authors presenting technical posters.
Display tables will be available for equipment developers, manufacturers, consultants, and others who would like to demonstrate their technologies and equipment. A nominal donation ($250) for display space is required. Proceeds will be used for the welcome reception at the BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner and The Highland Club. For more information on display space, please contact Dr. Xiping Wang (email@example.com).