Did you know that FPS members now receive a complimentary electronic subscription to ALL FOUR FPS technical journals
(A savings of over $500)?
About Forest Products Journal
The Forest Products Journal (FPJ) is the source of information for industry leaders, researchers, teachers, students, and everyone interested in today's forest products industry.
The Forest Products Journal is well respected for publishing high-quality peer-reviewed technical research findings at the applied or practical level that reflect the current state of wood science and technology. Articles suitable as Technical Notes are brief notes (generally 1,200 words or less) that describe new or improved equipment or techniques; report on findings produced as by-products of major studies; or outline progress to date on long-term projects.
FPS is excited to announce that we have launched a new FPJ website with the help of our publishing partner, Allen Press. This site will have the current issue, pre-press articles (before they are published in an issue), historical archives and much more. Visit www.forestprodjournals.org today!
We apologize for the delay in the 2013 publication of FPJ. All 8 issues of 2013 are currently in the final stages of production. Issues 1 & 2 will be combined and available near the end of November with the rest to follow shortly after.
- A timely feature article related to an issue of importance to the international forest products industry,
- Peer-reviewed research articles,
- International training calendar
- Industry news
- Updates on changes in codes, standards, and regulations
- Reports on new or updated reference sources
- An employment referral service section for job seekers and employers
The Forest Products Journal is published 8 times per year, approximately every 6 weeks. Some issues may be combined, depending on the timing and number of articles submitted and accepted.
Prices subject to change without notice.
- Forest Products Journal (Electronic) - Individuals: complimentary; Institutions: $230
- Forest Products Journal (Electronic + Print) - Individuals: $100 or Institutions: $380
- Forest Products Journal (Electronic) - Individuals: $155; Institutions: $330
- Forest Products Journal (Electronic + Print) - Individuals: $330; Institutions: $400
Submitting a Manuscript
Technical manuscripts published in the Forest Products Journal are subject to a page charge of $135 per printed page ($155 per page if none authors are a member of the Forest Products Society). Access author instructions
All historical electronic articles Forest Products Journal are now easily searchable and accessible in the new FPS Knowledge Base (Beta). Anyone can access and search one of the most important compilation of resources in the industry. Even better - FPS members can download these documents free of charge.